Wednesday 1 August 2012

Response: Podcasts

A fellow teacher candidate did talk about podcasting before as a teaching resource, but I find the idea of student-produced podcasts very exciting.  Now that I think about it, having students record their voices keeps them accountable and they are very conscious of the quality of their work.  I felt the same thing when I recorded myself teaching or when I screencasted in this class.  There is something powerful in hearing your own voice being played back to you.  I thought of a similar medium in terms of this kind of accountability, which would be video where students would see themselves as well as hear themselves. Video requires more planned elements such as blocking, camera angles, and other techniques and it is also more time-consuming.  Podcasting can be a better alternative to videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment