Friday 3 August 2012

Response: Collaborative Projects

I am really glad that this topic was addressed.  I have been part of many attempts at creating online learning communities and student-motivated sharing.  In all instances, the attempts fell flat.  One of the reasons for these failures was clunkyness of the technological platform.  I am sure that there are more user-friendly community learning platforms out there for teachers to find and I am excited to discover and use them!  I am particularly interested in the author's discussion of genuine interdependence.  I wonder if there are tools available that can identify how much students participated to an online product, like a blog entry or comment has a student's name on it.  This could keep students accountable.  On the other hand, I wonder if the term "genuine interdependence" is referring more to students relying on each other instead of eliminating students contributing less than their group members.

No comments:

Post a Comment